Monday, November 7, 2016

Heading Home

Heading Home
10x10

The Wisdom area resonates in me, for reasons I can't explain or even really understand. I have the same reaction to it as I have to Wachapreague, where we live. The songs that these places sing, they are the songs that my soul hears. It has to do with the breadth of the visible landscape, the size of the sky, the colors and topography, the quality of the light and the way all this comes together. 

I was delighted that my response to the area was the same this trip as the previous one, seven years ago. And it was hard for me to leave. I'm thankful that the hotel had no room for me, or, who knows, I might be there still. 

As it is, I am home, in Wachapreague. I have a few more newsletters to send to you, a few more paintings to unveil. In the meantime, if you want to see all the paintings I made on the trip, you can click here to reach the Big Skies paintings page on the Jacobson Arts website! 


***
Instrument House

I don't really know what else to call this place! All over it, all over the yard, the fence, the driveway, all over parts of the house and the garage, there were, well, instruments. Implements. Machines. Models. Stuff. Cool, painted, whimsical stuff. I wanted to go up to the door and ask about it, but in sharp contrast to the fun nature of the decorations, there was a scary black and red Do Not Enter / No Trespassing sign, so I refrained.







*** 
Dog of the Day

I had to do it, just once! 



2 comments: