Thursday, October 20, 2016

Stormy Day Outside Buffalo


Stormy Day Outside Buffalo
10x10

After the van door smacked me in the hip and nearly ruined my painting, I decided to lay a little low until the wind died down. Happily, the human who owns Ruger, recent Dog of the Day, hired me to make a painting of him, so I occupied myself with that during the course of the day. 

In the afternoon, the wind diminished, and though the clouds stayed thick and low, the evening light snuck beneath them and turned the landscape pewtery and brassy, glowing. I found a lovely scene by a small reservoir just outside of town, and had a nice time painting in the rich evening light.  

Above, my painting in the landscape. Below, another view of the scene. 
You can click on any of these photos to see them larger. 

***
Beautiful Downtown Murals


The murals in downtown Buffalo are extraordinary.  These two are painted by Aaron Wuerker, Jenny Wuerker and Marchel Kelley. They're on two huge buildings, one on either side of Crazy Woman Square. They're just amazing. The animals are painted beautifully - especially the cows and the fish - the fish is extraordinary. The 3-D effects are also just incredible. 






*** 
Scenes from the Road


Saw this cool camper as I was coming down the hill from my abortive trip to the Paradise Guest Ranch. I've never seen anything like it. I can tell it's European, or at least I think it is. Do any of you know exactly what this is? 




I went into a few stores in Buffalo, including a sports store. Thought I should include this fly display for my husband, who's at home dealing with dogs and dreaming of fishing.  


I had a great spot at the KOA in Buffalo. It was a lovely KOA, owned by a nice couple who'd bought it a little less than a year ago. Lisa was as sweet as she could be, helping me get settled, showing me around, being kind. The place was clean and quiet and safe - what more could anyone want? Well, a good night's sleep, though that had nothing to do with the KOA. Camping is going to be out of the question for the near future, as I need all available van space for drying paintings! 

***
Dog of the Day 
It's an iron dog, chasing sheep along Crazy Woman Square in downtown Buffalo. Nice! 





No comments:

Post a Comment