Sunday, October 9, 2016

Two Days on the Road

IT LOOKED LIKE Hurricane Matthew was going to blow out to sea, and so I got ready to leave. Waved goodbye to Peter and the dogs, and I hit the road, driving across the scariest bridge in the world (the Bay Bridge into Annapolis), around DC, through endless Pennsylvania, made even more endless in downpours and pea-soup fog, and the into the sun and cool air and orderliness of Ohio.

On Sunday, I woke up to find that the hurricane had re-formed. It walloped Norfolk and the immediate Hampton Roads area, but wasn't more than a big rainstorm in Wachapreague. Friends of ours inland got whacked, though!

Above left, Peter said goodbye to me on Saturday. He's a good husband! Above, some of our dogs watch me leave. I almost brought Koko with me (she's the cream-colored one in the center) but decided it was too long a trip for her first time on the road. 



 Above, some of the best colors along the way are in the sumac at the sides of the road. Below, a gorgeous farm in Indiana. Nice sky, too!



The light in Ohio was strong and clear on Saturday, after a day of driving in rain and fog through Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.

***
The RV Hall of Fame

The RV Hall of Fame, in Elkhart, Indiana, is a really cool place for anyone with even a passing interest in RVs. While I'd like to have an RV, the new ones are only interesting to me as a potentially useful vehicle. But I love the old ones! I love the ideas behind them, the colors, the designs, especially the Deco-looking ones. While I'm a big fan of the teeny RVs, I have to say that the RV Hall of Fame had some wonderful, huge, elegant RVs. 








***
Dog of the Day

I saw this cutie looking like a princess, in a giant RV parked at the RV Hall of Fame. 


No comments:

Post a Comment